This will be anywhere in your community and around. There is no limit on the distance you can go to accomplish these challenges if you wish.
To apply you must form a team of 2-6 members. One member must have access to Facebook in order to go on and “like” the Van Buren County Teen Advisory Board page @ https://www.facebook.com/vbcTAB/
Once on their page you will see access to a link for the application, apply there or in person at the VBC Library any day Jan 20th-27th.
On 8am Saturday Jan 29th the challenges will be posted on this page as well. Your team will then choose the challenges they want to attempt and capture them via picture or video whichever is requested in the challenge. It will be simplest for one device to be used to capture each challenge since all submissions of pictures and videos must be uploaded onto the Van Buren County Teen Advisory Board Facebook page by 10pm Sun. Jan 29th and the group submission should all be together.
501-745-2100 or email email@example.com
Members of the Teen Advisory Board with VBC Library Youth Services Specialist, Andrea Singleton (left) at Rock N Java
1. Find a buy one get one free coupon and any member can take a picture with it. 100pts.
2. A picture of one team member hugging a stranger 200pts.
3. Video of a member of the team buying a pack of cookies with pennies only. 300pts.
- Open to all Van Buren County teens ages 13-19.
- First you must go online and submit an application form @ https://www.facebook.comvbcTAB/or pick one up in person at the Van Buren County Library.
- The challenges are designed to do in a group so you will need at least two in order to apply but can be up to 6 in your group if wanted. Number of members in the group does not particularly help accomplish tasks more quickly since you MUST all stay together during each challenge and be present in the challenge photograph/video as evidence. Each challenge will be worth a set amount of points with bonus points possible for some. Both of these will be stated alongside the challenge so that you are aware what points you are gaining by doing this challenge.
- It is not required to complete all challenges.
- Submission of all challenges accepted to the Teen Advisory Board Facebook by 10pm Sun Jan 29th will be a requirement.
- The winner will be chosen based on total points gained. In the case of a tie the winner will be determined by who submitted all their points the soonest. Prizes will be awarded to the Grand winner as well as the runner up.
- * Note: when stated all members in pictures, it is understood that one member will not be in picture due to the fact that they will be taking the picture. Also even when the challenge states that one member must do the challenge remember all members still have to be in the picture.
The new location of the VBC Public Library is on Factory Road, in an 11,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility, with continuous programs & activities for kids & teens.
Read more: VBC Library Community Profile →